Thursday, August 12, 2010

Book, Books, And More Books! :)

I am very excited! Well about a lot of things really, 
mostly my upcoming wedding, but I got a new book...
BOOKS actually. 
Willie bought me a "game" for the ds....
It contains 100 of the classics plus you can download more. :) 
 I spent a few good hours last night just exploring my bookshelf. :)
I have been looking at the book list and am really excited about mine, 
but a little jealous about the UK version.
They have ALL the Jane Austin books. I would love to have all of them. :) 

Here is the List for the U.S.

Louisa May Alcott: Little Women        
Jane Austen: Emma
Jane Austen: Mansfield Park  

Jane Austen: Persuasion
Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen: Sense and Sensibility
Harriet Beecher Stowe: Uncle Tom's Cabin
R.D. Blackmore: Lorna Doone
Anne Bronte: The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Charlotte Bronte: Jane Eyre
Charlotte Bronte: The Professor
Charlotte Bronte: Shirley
Charlotte Bronte: Villette
Emily Bronte: Wuthering Heights
John Bunyan: The Pilgrim's Progress
Frances Burnett: Little Lord Fauntleroy
Frances Burnett: The Secret Garden
Lewis Carroll: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Lewis Carroll: Through the Looking-Glass
Wilkie Collins: The Moonstone
Wilkie Collins: The Woman in White
Carlo Collodi: The Adventures of Pinocchio
Arthur Conan Doyle: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Arthur Conan Doyle: The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes
Joseph Conrad: Lord Jim
Susan Coolidge: What Katy Did
James Fenimore Cooper: Last of the Mohicans
Daniel Defoe: Robinson Crusoe
Charles Dickens: Barnaby Rudge
Charles Dickens: Bleak House
Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol
Charles Dickens: David Copperfield
Charles Dickens: Dombey and Son
Charles Dickens: Great Expectations
Charles Dickens: Hard Times
Charles Dickens: Martin Chuzzlewit
Charles Dickens: Nicholas Nickleby
Charles Dickens: The Old Curiosity Shop
Charles Dickens: Oliver Twist
Charles Dickens: The Pickwick Papers
Charles Dickens: A Tale of Two Cities
Alexandre Dumas: The Count of Monte Cristo
Alexandre Dumas: The Three Musketeers
George Eliot: Adam Bede
George Eliot: Middlemarch
George Eliot: The Mill on the Floss
Henry Rider Haggard: King Solomon's Mines
Thomas Hardy: Far From The Madding Crowd
Thomas Hardy: The Mayor of Casterbridge
Thomas Hardy: Tess of The D'Urbervilles
Thomas Hardy: Under the Greenwood Tree
Nathaniel Hawthorne: The Scarlet Letter
Victor Hugo: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Victor Hugo: Les Miserables
Washington Irving: The Sketch Book of Geoffrey Crayon
Charles Kingsley: Westward Ho!
D.H. Lawrence: Sons And Lovers
Gaston Leroux: The Phantom of the Opera
Jack London: The Call of the Wild
Jack London: White Fang
Herman Melville: Moby Dick
Edgar Allen Poe: Tales of Mystery and Imagination
Sir Walter Scott: Ivanhoe
Sir Walter Scott: Rob Roy
Sir Walter Scott: Waverley
Anna Sewell: Black Beauty
William Shakespeare: All's Well That Ends Well
William Shakespeare: Antony and Cleopatra
William Shakespeare: As You Like It
William Shakespeare: The Comedy of Errors
William Shakespeare: Hamlet
William Shakespeare: Julius Caesar
William Shakespeare: King Henry the Fifth
William Shakespeare: King Lear
William Shakespeare: King Richard the Third
William Shakespeare: Love's Labour's Lost
William Shakespeare: Macbeth
William Shakespeare: The Merchant of Venice
William Shakespeare: A Midsummer-Night's Dream
William Shakespeare: Much Ado About Nothing
William Shakespeare: Othello, the Moor of Venice
William Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet
William Shakespeare: The Taming of the Shrew
William Shakespeare: The Tempest
William Shakespeare: Timon of Athens
William Shakespeare: Titus Andronicus
William Shakespeare: Twelfth Night
William Shakespeare: The Winter's Tale
Robert Louis Stevenson: Kidnapped
Robert Louis Stevenson: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Robert Louis Stevenson: Treasure Island
Jonathan Swift: Gulliver's Travels
William Thackeray: Vanity Fair
Anthony Trollope: Barchester Towers
Mark Twain: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Mark Twain: Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Jules Verne: Round the World in Eighty Days
Jules Verne: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Oscar Wilde: The Importance of Being Earnest
Oscar Wilde: The Picture of Dorian Gray




No it's not a Kindle or an E-reader... 
but it does  have the books and it is something for someone who already has a ds, 
but can't afford a kindle.
I like it it even has background noises and music so that way it can help you relax 
while reading. ;) very enjoyable. :) 
Willie bought it for me to use during the trip up down to Florida and back. 
I read during LONG car trips. 
This way I have an entire book shelf to take with me anywhere!
I am very excited !!!!!! I love the written word! :) 
Now gaming may not be for everyone 
and this 'game' may not be for all the gamers like my Husband (I love saying that! ^_^)
But It is a wonderful invention for girls like me 
who's man is a gamer and sweetly buys her a unit that will cut into his gaming time. 
I love him. <3  
 
So, Happy Reading! :)




2 comments:

  1. Thank you Liz! :) I am very excited about it. :) I am really enjoying it. :) Willie says that I have taking over his ds... :) He says he needs to get me a dsi. Its a ds, but has more features to it. :) I plan on blogging about the books I read , but am thinking that I may wait until after the honeymoon to do so, and just have fun until then. ;) I am like a butterfly fluttering here and there to all the different flowers. :) This way I can get to know it and pick which one I'm doing first. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your Lovely comments. ^_^