Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fix-It-And-Forget-It! :) or as a friend said.. "I'm gonna fix it and eat it!" :)

 potato soup...
The other day I went over to my mothers house and had left over potato soup
for lunch... which made me want some more.
Well... I grabbed my Mom's cook book
and started digging through the pages to find a recipe that sounded
good. :) 
 Last October for Willie's Birthday I made Chillie and discovered that  I love to use a crock-pot.
           It is a great thing when you have a day of running errands or when your your wanting to take a break  from "slaving over a hot stove"
                                    or even just want to let the Beauty of flavors meld together in a slow cooking dish of greatness.. ;)
 Either way... It is a marvelous invention .


Click above image for website
 
                                                                                                                                                               One of my favorite Cook books is a crock-pot cookbook chocked full of yummy recipes of all kinds.
The Cook book is really good because most of the 
recipes do not take a large amount of time... 
And It's not that I don't have that...
I'm just a bad judge of time frames...
the beauty of these is all I need to do is
plan a little in advance and wallah...
Tada... I have a great home cooked meal and basically 
all I did was throw it in the crock-pot. 
Now don't get me wrong... 
I love to cook other ways... I just really enjoy this one too. :) 
               

 This Sunday was one of those soup days.. and I was really wanting some... 
But with it being Sunday I didn't get a lot of time to prepare 
....So I got up at 5:30 and started preparing... 
Which made me get queasy because I didn't eat breakfast
right away and Punkin' didn't appreciate that lol :)
... Bunny Trail ... 
Anyway back to my story... 
It was nice because It was all in the crock pot 
and turned on by about 6:15 or so... :)
By the time I got home I could add the last
ingredient and let it finish cooking  for the rest of the time. :)
Ok, here is the recipe:
Potato Soup
6 Potatoes, cubed
(you can peel or leave
the skin on )
2 Leeks,Chopped
2 Onions,Chopped
1 Celery stalk, Sliced
4 Chicken Bullion cubes
1 Tbsp Parsley
5 Cups Water
1 Tbsp Salt 
Pepper to Taste
1/3 Cup Butter
13 oz Evaporated Milk
Optional:
 1 Carrot
Ham chunks 
(The Thick sliced ham 
will work in a pinch
But the best is thick
slices cubed right of the bone.^_^)
 Combine all ingredients except for 
Evaporated Milk 
Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours
or on High for  3-4 hours
Stir in Milk the last hour.
Add cheese or bacon-bits for a 
variation. :) really good. :)
       
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your Lovely comments. ^_^